
Yadira mentioned this in one of her posts, and I thought it would be good to list here!
(Can't wait to try it!)
Granola
6 cups oats
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. *toasted sesame seeds (I use more.)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup flaked coconut (I omit this.)
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup dates, raisins or craisins
Sauce:
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. maple flavor (I usually just put in a squirt or two of maple syrup.)
Mix the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the dry ingredients. Stir until well coated and pour on two baking sheets. Bake at 250 for 30 minutes. Stir once while baking.
*To toast sesame seeds put them in a skillet on the stove with nothing on them. Watch them so they don't burn. They give the granola an awesome flavor!
OOOO! I must try! I love granola! It is the best, healthiest snack in the world!
ReplyDelete-Heather, from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com